This weeks set of FBFF questions deal with labeling. How do you feel about it??
1. As a someone who writes/blogs about fashion, have you placed yourself into some sort of blogging category?Although I cover some fashion, I don’t really put myself in a set category. I know in blogging 101 you are supposed to have a set theme for your blog, but I chose to opt out of doing that. My blog has no set theme. I like my blog crazy…like life. I talk about everything I love. Food, fashion, music and everything else I consider to be my drug of choice in life. Hence the name of my blog..Life and it’s other drugs.
2. What keeps you from or encourages you to label yourself as a certain kind of blogger? I don’t label myself as a specific kind of blogger, because I am always changing. My likes and dislikes are always shifting. If I chose to label myself, that label would change every five seconds. The only thing that stays consistent is my inconsistency hehe
3. When picking blogs to read and follow are you drawn to ones that indicate a certain group or way of thinking/being?Well I tend to read a lot of fashion and lifestyle blogs. Bloggers that have something intelligent to say and are entertaining are the ones I come back to. I do visit some foodie blogs, but for the most part it’s fashion. The fashion industry and trends are always shifting so I like to keep up, and get other bloggers input on what they think about it.
4. Do you think there are benefits in labeling yourself or others?Of course. In the end it makes it easier for people to find blogs that fit their specific interests. However, I don’t fit into any set label. I think one benefit I give my readers by not labeling myself and my blog is that they don’t have to keep up with 10 different blogs to satisfy their different interests. I cover mostly everything here.
5. Agree or Disagree – We’re all just people; we don’t need all the labels. Agree, 100%. I don’t need a label to know who I am and what I’m about in this life. Everyone is unique and beautiful! Embrace it.
For more FBFF posts visit modlychic.